Hello! How are you? I am home from my “spring break” and life is back to normal! While we were away … a few items in the fridge reached their expiration date … shhh, don’t tell Son #3 … he gets a little worried if the date has passed. I confess … a pint of heavy cream was about two days past it’s date, but it was fine (I tested it) … could not let it go to waste … dessert was waiting … Strawberries and Cream Fool!
My nice sister-in-law went to the strawberry farm and brought these to me ….
She actually gave me six baskets of berries … two mysteriously disappeared before their photo shoot ;) These strawberries are not only beautiful, they tasted wonderful … oh, how I love spring and summer fruit!
Creamy and cold desserts containing fruit, especially berries, are some of our favorites! I’m sure you will like this one too! Oh, I almost forgot to tell you … I threw in some light (1/3 less fat, neufchatel) cream cheese, just to add a little extra creaminess!
Strawberries & Cream Fool
- 2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream
- 3/4 cups sugar (divided)
- 8 ounces light 1/3 less fat (neufchatel) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (or extract)
- 3 cups sliced/chopped fresh strawberries
- A few whole strawberries for garnish if desired
- Place a medium-sized bowl and mixer beaters in the fridge for 15 minutes. Remove from fridge, add heavy cream and 1/4 cup sugar, beat until thickened and stiff peaks form.
- In a large bowl, use a mixer to beat cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla until well soft and creamy. Add strawberries and mix for a few minutes, this will help some strawberry juice combine with the cream cheese and create a pretty pink color.
- Reserve one cup of prepared whipped cream for garnish. Fold remaining whipped cream into cream cheese/strawberry mixture. Put mixture into individual serving dishes if desired.
- Place in the fridge for 2-4 hours. Garnish with remaining whipped cream and whole strawberries. Hint: Fan cut the strawberries … if you want to be all fancy dancy!
I have another confession … look at the spoon in the top photo … the “B” on it was meant for me, Brenda … it “accidentally” fell into my hubby’s pocket at the Biltmore Hotel back in 1973! Please don’t tell the kids that their parents may have a criminal past ;)
Do you go berry pickin’? I ♥ your comments!
♦ I share my stuff with these fun parties! ♦
You may enjoy this “skinny” strawberry dessert too …