Happy Monday! Did you have a nice weekend? We finally received some much-needed rain here in Southern California … snow in the mountains too! It’s March already and St. Patrick’s Day is around the corner. Last Friday, I shared my Rainbow Cronuts with you and promised Pots of Gold.
Can you tell what I used? I thought that it was very appropriate that you would find a donut pot of gold at the end of a cronut rainbow ;)
These were fun to make and were very popular with everyone, especially with the kids in the neighborhood! Using store-bought donuts, chocolate and Sixlets made the project especially fast and easy!
This is what you will need …
- Mini chocolate coated donuts
- Chocolate candy coating (such as CandiQuik)
- Mini marshmallows
- Gold Sixlets (1-4.5 ounce jar for about 12 pots of gold)
- Gold Disco Dust
- Melt chocolate according to package directions and place in a squeeze bottle or pastry bag. Make 4 chocolate dots (legs) on top of donut.
- Turn donut over, use a some chocolate to attach a mini marshmallow in the center of donut. Pipe a chocolate handle and a rim (do it twice if necessary) around the flat portion of the donut.
- Use melted chocolate to attach gold candy.
- Use a brush dipped in gold Disco Dust to add some more sparkle.
Tomorrow is Fat Tuesday … you may want to whip up …
an Easy King Cake!
I love your comments!
♦ I share my stuff with these fun parties ♦