M&M’s Lovebirds

Hello!  How are you today?  Did you have a nice weekend?

Last year I asked for your help with these chicks and you were very helpful!  Today, I’m hoping that you will share your opinions again.  May I introduce you to the chicks’ distant cousins … M&M’s Valentine Lovebirds …

P1030559 Tail Feathers, wings or both

I can’t decide which version is my favorite!  Do they need wings to fly … tail feathers to shake or maybe both?  What do you think?

P1030562 M&M's Love Birds lovebirds

Are you ready to get started?  You will need …

• Peanut M&M’s in Valentine colors
  • Jumbo heart sprinkles
  • Candy coating/melts – yellow (I used yellow for everything … you may want coordinating Valentine colors)
  • Black edible marker
  • Wax or parchment paper

Now for the easy peasy instructions …

P1030556 ed

1. Work on wax/parchment paper.  Melt candy according to package directions – I place the melted candy in a squeeze bottle, a pastry bag or toothpick will also work.  Locate the “m” on the candy.
  2. Place a dot (about 1/4″) of melted yellow candy on wax paper and place a M&M on melted candy, so that the “m” is facing down … place heart “tail feather” if desired.  You may need to hold the M&M for a few seconds to maintain its position.
  3. Make a “beak” with a tiny dot with yellow candy.P1030557 ed
  4. Use the edible marker to make eyes.
  5. Draw a wing if desired.P1030558 ed
  6. Attach heart “wings” with a dot of melted candy.  I used yellow candy, which is visible at certain angles … you may decide to use coordinating colors … your choice!

I love these little lovebirds ;)

P1030564 M&M Valentine birds

You know that I ♥ your opinions!  What do you say … wings, tail feathers or both?

♦  I share my stuff with these fun parties  ♦

Gallery | This entry was posted in Valentine's Day, Valentine's Day and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to M&M’s Lovebirds

1. Rebecca Muro says:

These are so cute. I think you should put tail feathers so they can shake it and put the wings :-) this is very creative. I love seeing all the things you make. You truly have a talent

2. These are so cute, with wings and/or feathers. I had actually drawn a sketch to make something similar using bubble gum. I love what you did with the M&M’s.

3. Ellen says:

I think both and or. They are sooooo cute and I bet they are very yummy. Maybe Jess and I will make some.

4. Kendra says:

All are super cute! I think they’d get eaten either way.

5. ColleenB. - Texas says:

Oh, them are so cute, but they just gotta have both; the tail feathers to do alittle shaken and the wings to wrap around it’s sweetie :} plus, gives alittle extra sweetness to eat by having the wings and tail feathers.
    Enjoy your day

6. Tavette says:

Just an opinion…….Because of the size of the jumbo hearts, 3 is a little too much UNLESS….there is a smaller heart that can be used for the wings OR if the tail heart is pointed horizontally rather than upright (because upright is what makes it look a bit cluttered). Green chocolate would make it look like bird is on grass, chocolate would make it appear to be on a tree branch.

Aren’t you glad you asked? You give us too many choices – they’re all cute.

7. marysalalala says:

I totally love them!!! (♥♥,) They are so cute!! (¬‿¬)
    And I have to say that they look better with both wings and tail, in my opinion…!
    Great job!! (• ◡•)

8. Anna Bennett says:

Okay I have to agree with every one,BOTH Even tho baby chicks are born with very stubby tails & wings they still have both.

9. i dunno..give me a dozen or so of the cuties and i’ll let you know! heehee :)

10. I love EVERYTHING you MAKE!! You are so talented! I am pinning now! :)

11. Karima says: