Pancakes are a staple at my house for a weekend breakfast … however, each one of my guys has an opinion of what flavor of pancakes are the best! I have shared two recipes in the past … Melt In Your Mouth Pancakes and Cornmeal Pancakes. Today, I’m sharing my favorite … Cinnamon Pecan Banana Pancakes … maybe they should be called Mom’s Favorite Pancakes
I highly recommend these for breakfast on New Year’s Day … start the year off right … with pancakes!
Cinnamon Pecan Banana Pancakes
- 1-1/4 cups flour (I use unbleached)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder (preferably aluminum free)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 to 1-1/3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 4 bananas or 1 per person
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. In a small bowl combine egg, oil and 1 cup milk.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir to combine. Stir in pecans. Let batter rest, about 10 minutes while griddle is heating.
- Turn on electric griddle to 350°F or medium heat over open flame.
- Add milk to pancake batter until desired consistency, about that of cake batter.
- Oil/grease griddle if desired. Pour 1/4 cup of batter per pancake on preheated griddle. Cook until bubbles pop and remain open. Flip and continue cooking until done. Makes about eight 5″ pancakes.
- Serve with sliced banana and warm maple syrup.
My family opinion poll …
- hubby – prefers Melt In Your Mouth, likes Cornmeal, likes Cinnamon Pecan (no banana) Pancakes
- Son #1 – Only Melt In Your Mouth
- Son #2 – Only Melt In Your Mouth
- Son #3 – Only Cornmeal
- Me – All Pancakes … I think the guys are weird
You may want to check out these options …
I love your comments!
♦ I share my stuff with these fun parties! ♦