The Easiest Christmas Tree

Today … the day before Christmas Eve … I am sharing another Christmas idea!!!  I wasn’t going to do it … couldn’t help myself … have no willpower!  I have issues … one of them is I want to do everything … even though I don’t have time!   I really was restraining myself, until this morning when I saw that new Christmas ideas were popping up all over … I caved and broke out the chocolate!  I really should be cleaning my house  ;)

christmas tree pretzels Ovation sticks

I am not kidding when I say that I want to do everything, like yesterday … I was in my front yard building an igloo out of milk jugs … my lighted penguin needed a home! ;)  I’ve been talking about doing it for over a year (and saving empty milk jugs) … the hubby and sons didn’t believe that I really would do it … so, I HAD TO DO IT or I would never hear the end of it.   Bad news is … I couldn’t finish … need about 50 more jugs … about 150 total for a small igloo!  My penguin has an igloo with a skylight :)

easiest christmas tree to make

While I was glue gunning milk cartons and talking to neighbors, one neighbor brought me a tray of cookies … so sweet and they are leaving town for a few days!  I assumed that I would distribute goodies to my neighbors tomorrow … wrong!  I quickly ran in the house, threw together some cookies and stole candy from my hubby’s supply for coworkers and delivered it.   Now, I have to replenish … these trees will help … they’re so quick and easy to make ;)

To make 16 trees – you will need …

• 1 package of Ovation Sticks (I used Irish Cream) from SweetWorks
  • 1/2 to 1 pound candy coating/candy melts (such as CandiQuik)
  • 16 pretzel sticks
  • sprinkles (non-pariels, sugar, etc.)
  • star sprinkles

P1030487 ed

Cover a tray with parchment or wax paper.  Melt the candy coating according to directions on the package and place in squeeze bottles or disposable pastry bags.

1. Make a tree shape using a pretzel stick as the trunk and 2 Ovation Sticks.
  2. This is like coloring within the lines … only using chocolate and squiggling within the lines.  You may want to do it twice if the squiggles are too far apart.
  3. Add some sprinkles.
  4. Add a star.  Chill for a few minutes or let sit at room temperature until hardened.  DONE!

Ovation stick trees

Just a few of these trees could dress up any cookie platter!

christmas tree pretzels chocolate

Do you have everything ready?  Are you one of those organized people (not like me)?  I love your comments!

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Gallery | This entry was posted in Christmas and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to The Easiest Christmas Tree

1. Barbara says:

Have the best Christmas ever, and a Happy New Year

2. cakeboxfox says:

They look awesome, so simple as well!
    Merry Christmas!

3. Love these! Merry Christmas!

4. Anna Bennett says:

Oh how cool are these! My daughter,granddaughter & I could all set at the kitchen table & make them together.
    Are you going to show us the Igloo & lighted penguin? Or are you going to make us wait till you finish it?

• Oh Anna … they would be a great project for you ladies! I will take a picture today and get it posted shortly … won’t get finished until next year … sent out a request to family and friends for more milk cartons … nobody seems to have 50 hanging around, LOL ;)

5. candygarden says:

Have a wonderful Christmas!

Beth @ Hungry Happenings

6. I am in the same boat. I should be downstairs finishing the cookies and breads for neighbors and friends and here I am looking at more Christmas ideas and food. (I will go down in a min, really) This is such a cute idea and so easy, I’m going to get what I need at the store and do them tomorrow. Happy Holidays everyone.

7. Lucinda Wooton says:

Thank you for all the wonderful ideas! May you and your family have a wonderful Christmas and be blessed in the New Year!

8. This is such a simple and cute idea! And looks delicious too!
    Merry Christmas :)

9. Tavette says:

I’ve seen these on the net, but naturally yours are nicer. The others just had the pretzel down the center – no side pieces. Thanks for “caving” and posting yours.

You’re my type of person – collecting 100 milk jugs to make an igloo for your penguin – love it. Oh yes – we want a photo. Let me know if the hot glue holds in the cold weather. I went to Alaska on a wilderness trip & the last night they told us we had to build igloos & sleep out over night. It got colder & colder as a storm came in & they had to scrap the idea. Thank goodness. Fla. people in igloos – no – there was something inherently wrong with that plan.

Hope you and your family (which includes your star gazing penguin) have a wonderful, wonderful Christmas. Have been enjoying the snow falling on your website.

• Tavette says:

I just realized your falling snowflakes are following my cursor! They always fall in a downward motion but if my cursor goes to the right – so do the snowflakes. Move cursor to the left and they fall down and to the left. How the heck did you do that? Very clever.

• Thank you Tavette ;) I had a little help collecting the jugs … was storing them in my trailer … had to find a new place when it was time to go camping! They moved to the garden shed … now in the front yard … I know that hot glue will pop off if frozen … we will see what happens!

You are an adventurer … sleep in an igloo??? Only penguins in igloos ;)

Glad you are enjoying the snow … I can’t see it unless I’m signed out of my own blog … I don’t get that!

10. ColleenB. says:

The Best looking edible trees ever. Absolutely Amazing and looks Oh,So Good
    Tavette; them not snowflakes coming down, them are white candy sprinkles to help with the decorating :}
    Wishing Everyone a Very Merry Christmas. Do be safe if traveling
    ColleenB.
    Texas

11. I love your chocolate trees – they are too cute to be so easy! :) Merry Christmas!

12. coGv17k says:

This looks so cool. Do you think I could just use pretzels for all…for less money? Just curious, Love the idea. :) Can’t wait to try. Merry Christmas :)

13. What a great idea, my grandchildren would love these!

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Michael :-)