To post or not to post another Christmas idea … it’s been my dilemma! I decided that this project is so easy … thought you might appreciate it ;)
I’m going to make short and sweet … Christmas is around the corner!
This is what you will need to make 8 pops …
- Rice Krispie Treats (or you could make your own)
- Vanilla CandiQuik (you will use about 1/2 package)
- 1 box Hot Tamales
- 8 sticks
- 8 foil wrapped Santa chocolate (from SweetWorks)
- 1 cup mini marshmallows (oops! forgot photo)
- Line a tray with parchment or wax paper. Melt CandiQuik according to package directions. Dip the tip of the stick in melted candy and insert into Rice Krispie Treat.
- Place 5 or 6 mini marshmallows along top edge and smash a little to make snow. Use Hot Tamales to make bricks on chimney and press a little. If you are not a fan of Hot Tamales, I saw Mike & Ike’s in holiday colors or use red licorice pieces.
- Put about 1/2 cup melted candy in squeeze bottle or pastry bag. This will be the mortar for the bricks. Fill the areas between the bricks.
- Attach Santa to the stick. I used just a dot of glue (from a glue gun) on the foil. Tape may be another option.
- Dip the bottom of the Rice Krispie Treat in melted candy and stand on prepared tray. Let candy harden at room temperature or chill for a few minutes.
I always look forward to your comments!
♦ I share my stuff with these fun parties ♦