Halloween will be here in just eight days!!! I can’t believe that I just said that! Do you want to know how many day until Christmas? I’m not going to count … I’ll live in denial … OK, as soon as I finish this post, I will count ;) Honestly, I’m starting to feel a little panicky … it’s normal for me.
I feel like … let me get thru Halloween … oh, I haven’t even decorated … there’s a pumpkin on the porch and a garland hanging in the dining room … does that count as being decorated?
If you feel a little pressed for time … like me … here is one last easy peasy, super simple Halloween treat that truly can be done in a very short amount of time
This is what you will need to make 10 tombstone pops …
- 10 Paper Straws (or lollipop sticks)
- 20 StackerMallows (flat rectangular marshmallows)
- 4 ounces White CandiQuik (candy coating/candy melts/white chocolate) (this will be the “glue” to hold everything together and to attach decorations)
- Various sprinkles, colored sugar, candy skulls, candy bones
- Black edible marker (sorry, it missed the photo session )
- Melt the white candy according to package directions. I put mine in a squeeze bottle (optional). Flatten about 1″ of the straw. Smear a little melted candy on the marshmallow and lay flattened straw on it.
- Smear more melted candy on top of the straw.
- Lay another marshmallow on top of the straw and press together the two marshmallows, add more melted candy between the marshmallows if necessary. Let candy harden.
- Spread melted candy around edges of tombstone and cover with sprinkles. Use more melted candy wherever you want to attach sprinkles, skulls, etc.
- Use edible marker to write messages or draw designs.
I told you that this project was easy peasy … like cut and paste … without the cutting and using real edible paste!
Here are a few easy Halloween ideas from the past …