Let me start out by saying … I have no experience with Zombies, but they seem to be everywhere … on TV shows, TV commercials and other advertisements especially with Halloween around the corner. Don’t forget that The Walking Dead starts its fourth season on Sunday! The world seems to be overrun with Zombies
I do have experience with Nutter Butters … I buy them, hide them from the family, so that I can create fun stuff with them! After I take photos, the family will
attack eat them. I just told Son #2 that I made Nutter Butter Zombie Eyeballs … his response - ”Oh gaaawwwd” (in his usual sarcastic tone) … I know he will eventually show up and want to eat them
Since I don’t really know any Zombies … I can only imagine that they have bulging blood-shot eyeballs! I found Wilton Vibrant Green Candy Melts which seemed to be an appropriate slimy Zombie color.
This is what you will need to create your own Nutter Butter Zombie Eyeballs …
- Nutter Butter Cookies
- Wilton Vibrant Green Candy Melts (or candy coating colored with candy colors)
- Large Candy Eyeballs (I found them at my grocery store)
- Red Americolor Gourmet Writer
- Large Marshmallows
- Cover a tray with wax paper or parchment. Cut marshmallows in half … dip the knife in water to help it from getting sticky.
- Use the red marker to create blood-shot lines on the marshmallows (not on the cut side) … short strokes seem to work best.
- Melt the candy according to package directions. Dip a cookie in the candy, covering it completely and tap off all excess.
- Lay on prepared tray and place 2 marshmallow eyes on top. Chill a few minutes.
- Use a dot of melted candy to attach candy eyeballs.