Yesterday I shared my second Éclair Cake. This is my first one …
I added those fancy chocolate curls just to fancy up one of the easiest desserts ever!
Do you remember that old TV commercial for Rice Krispies, where the mom made easy peasy Rice Krispie Treats and she threw some flour on her face so that it looked like she had been working hard? I felt like I should throw some flour on my face! This was just too easy to make … it tastes good too
I used instant pudding mix and canned frosting … you could always make homemade pudding and frosting!
Chocolate and Vanilla Éclair Cake
- 27 Chocolate Graham cracker squares
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding mix (3.4 ounce) or (1 ounce if sugar-free)
- 1-3/4 cups milk (I used 1%)
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- 1 cup canned chocolate frosting
- Fancy chocolate curls (optional)
- Spray an 8″ x 8″ pan with non stick spray. Place 9 graham cracker squares, with sides touching, in bottom of pan. (Crackers will not cover bottom completely)
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk pudding mix and milk. Fold in Cool Whip.
- Gently spread one half of pudding mixture over layer of graham crackers.
- Place 9 graham cracker squares on pudding mixture.
- Spread remaining pudding mixture over graham crackers.
- Place remaining 9 graham cracker square on pudding mixture.
- Place frosting in a microwave safe container and microwave for 20 seconds, stir and microwave again for a few seconds if necessary. Pour frosting over graham crackers and spread to cover.
- Chill for several hours. Cut into 9 squares. Garnish with chocolate curls if desired.
Opinion time – The chocolate graham crackers seemed to stay crisper longer. This made Son #3 happy … he likes crisp. My husband is from the south … his sisters make banana pudding with Nilla Wafers … éclair cake reminds me of this. Do you like your Nilla Wafers crispy or soft?
I always look forward to your comments
♦ I share my stuff with these fun parties! ♦