I’m nuts about acorns and anything acorn related!
I am attracted to acorns themselves, acorn plates, acorn photos, acorn charms … you get the idea.
I made them just for you!
These acorns are candy (like a Nestle Crunch Bar) on the bottom and a cookie (similar to a Girl Scout Samoa) on the top. The cookies have been hidden away in the cupboard for sometime … the hubby’s eyes lite up when he saw them … I knew they weren’t safe around him. I always gotta keep an eye on him and my cookies
This is what you will need to make 18 acorns …
- Wilton Pops Mold (or a candy mold like a cherry cordial or bon-bon)
- 1 pound of Chocolate Candy Coating (such as CandiQuik)*
- 1 pack of Keebler Coconut Dreams cookies
- 18 Pretzel Sticks
- 3/4 cup crisp rice cereal (Rice Krispies)
- Plastic squeeze bottle, disposable pastry bag or ziptop bag with a corner snipped off)
1. Melt the chocolate according to the package directions. Pour about 1/3 of a cup into a squeeze bottle (or bag), reserve remaining chocolate. Lay cookies a wax paper covered tray and drizzle chocolate over the tops of the cookies, creating a cross-hatch pattern. Set aside to let chocolate firm up. Save the chocolate in the bottle for attaching cookies.
2. The pretzels should be about 2″ tall … break pretzels if necessary.
3. Add rice cereal to chocolate and stir to combine. Spoon chocolate mixture into mold … about 1″ deep.
4. Insert pretzel into the middle of the chocolate and tap the mold on the counter to even it out and remove any air bubbles … straighten pretzel if necessary. Chill until set (5-10 minutes in freezer).
5. Remove chocolates from mold. If you use a silicone mold, you will need to push from the bottom.
6. Squirt a ring of chocolate around the pretzel (close to the outer edge).
7. Place a prepared cookie on top and you have created a chocolate acorn! Repeat 17 more times
These would be a perfect addition to each place setting at the Thanksgiving table!
It is my goal to create a new acorn every year! I just love acorns
I always ♥ your comments!
♦ I share my stuff at these fun parties! ♦
* Thank you once again to Miss CandiQuik for the chocolate