Chocolate Football Snack Mix

Are you ready for some football?

Do you need a cute manly football snack?  This snack isn’t just for men, everyone will love it … just can’t call footballs cute around my guys!  All I hear from them is “footballs aren’t cute!”  Check it out …

Football Snack Mix

I think those little footballs are cute … all tiny things are cute … even footballs!  Shhh, don’t tell my hubby or sons ;)

You can use any snack mix that you buy or make … the real star of this game, is chocolate covered almond footballs!

This what you will need …

Chocolate almond football snack mix

• Your favorite snack mix (I made a mix of pretzels, Goldfish crackers, Corn Chex cereal and peanuts)
  • Chocolate covered almonds (I used Trader Joe’s Sea Salt & Turbinado Sugar Dark Chocolate Almonds)
  • Melted white CandiQuik (candy coating/white chocolate) in a squeeze bottle or bag with tip cut off

Chocolate almond footballs

1. You can use any chocolate covered almonds.  I chose these because I love them and they’re bumpy.  I found a few sources if you don’t have a Trader Joe’s near you.
  2. Use the melted CandiQuik to draw a line from almost tip to almost tip (I hope that makes sense, please look at the photo above ;) ) and let sit to firm up.
  3. Use the melted candy to draw three lace lines across first line and chill for a minute or let sit to firm up.

chocolate footballs

I ♥ your comments!  Is it OK to call footballs cute?

♦  I share my stuff with these fun parties

Gallery | This entry was posted in Sports, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

57 Responses to Chocolate Football Snack Mix

1. Pattie Marino says:

I like it

2. What a fun idea! And yep, your footballs are cute:@) Happy Labor Day Weekend!

3. oh this is the kind of football that i love! much better than the one i see on tv-LOL

4. What a great idea to use the almonds as footballs!

5. tavette says:

This will give us ladies at least ONE thing to look forward to during football season. S. Fla. is finally getting a few Trader Joe’s in 2014. Have heard so much about them. The texture on the almonds would give the footballs a more realistic look. “Turbanido sugar” – what the heck is that?. Always anxious to try new things and they do look good so will have to get some when the stores open. Hurry up, Trader Joe’s.

• Tavette … you will LOVE Trader Joe’s!!! Turbinado sugar is considered a raw sugar … all I know is that these almonds are evil in a good way, heehee ;) I love them and want to eat the whole container … only buy them if I’m sharing … I just can’t be trusted around ‘em! I have several girl friends that have the same problem … that whole salty sweet thing :)

6. Diana says:

Sooooooo cut! Have to try to find those almonds around here. No Trader Joe’s :-(

7. Too cute! Love this for the upcoming sports season! We’d love for you to come over to our newest link party over at The Inspiration Network: DELISH- a desserts only link party. Bring your desserts and let’s party!!

Smiles,
    Melanie and Diana
    The Inspiration Network

8. OMG, the guys are gonna love these. Great football food, Brenda.

9. No way – that is totally cute. Of course you can call footballs cute, threaten anyone that doesn’t agree that you won’t share this super treat with them :)

10. Very cute, er, I mean manly, footballs!

11. OMG those almonds are the cutest things EVER!

12. BruCrew Life says:

Little chocolate almond footballs??! Love this so much!!

13. Pingback: 20 Fall Recipes | wine & glue

14. this is such a fun idea…my son is going to flip!! thanks for sharing at wake up wednesdays

15. Sara Howe says:

What a great idea!! Super cute. I’d love it if you would stop by and link it up at my new link party, Feed Me Friday!

16. You are also so fun and creative! My boys are all into watching University of Michigan play as it is Mr. Anonymous’ alma mater. I can’t wait to make this for them. Even though we have to be awake at something like 4am to watch it because we live all the way in HK, this snack is good anytime of the day. Have a super weekend. BAM

17. Pingback: Game Day! 6 Amazing Appetizer Recipes | Skip To My Lou

18. Pingback: Chocolate Football Snack Mix | Edible Crafts | CraftGossip.com

19. linda payne says:

sooooo cute!

20. Pingback: Time to Sparkle Link Party #26 | The Recipe Critic

21. Pingback: Time To Sparkle Link Party #26 | The Gunny Sack

22. Pingback: Time to Sparkle #26 - Inside BruCrew Life

23. pass the bowl! I just want one or seventeen small handfuls! :)

24. Pingback: The Ultimate Tailgating Recipe Collection {Tailgating Tuesday} | Endlessly Inspired

25. Um, YEAH it’s ok to call footballs cute! Look at them, they’re adorable! I featured these in my Ultimate Tailgating Recipe Collection and I think I’m making them for our tailgate this weekend! :)

26. Pingback: Free Fall Unit Study Ideas– For Older Kids Too |

27. Pingback: ~ 25 Football Party Appetizer Recipes

28. Pingback: ~ 25 Football Party Appetizers

29. Pingback: 30+ Game Day Recipes | Pocket Change Gourmet

30. Pingback: 15 Yummy Football Game Day Snacks - Mama's Got It Together

31. Amy says:

This is fabulous! I can’t wait to make it for my family. Thank you!

32. Pingback: Strawberry Footballs | MISS CANDIQUIK