Celebrate S’mores Day with these …
A bag of Lemon Meringue Marshmallows have been in my cupboard just waiting for a reason to be opened. Today was the day … in honor of S’mores Day, August 10!
These s’mores are a definitely not your typical ones … they are not only lemon, but I used Vanilla CandiQuik too! That’s right lemon marshmallows and white chocolate/candy coating on graham crackers … yum!
There is one more thing that I should mention … they are so easy peasy to make. You could actually get everything assembled several days in advance! No campfire is necessary … they are toasted in the oven … literally in a minute!
I do love traditional s’mores … but it nice to mix things up once in while. The marshmallows have a nice tart lemon flavor that is balanced by the sweet smooth vanilla flavor from the CandiQuik … of course the graham crackers are crunchy, just like they should be! Make them … I promise that you will be happy
You will need just three ingredients …
- Graham Crackers
- Campfire Lemon Meringue Marshmallows (I found them at WalMart)
- Vanilla CandiQuik (white chocolate/candy coating)
- Melt the candy coating according to package directions.
- Spread the candy on each graham cracker. (You will need 2 graham crackers to make 1 s’more)
- Place 4 lemon marshmallows in the melted candy on one half of the graham crackers. Chill for a few minutes or let stand until candy has hardened. (at this point you could place everything in an air tight container and store it at room temperature for a few days)
- Turn the oven broiler on and let it heat up.
- Place the graham crackers with marshmallows on a foil lined (for easy clean up) tray. Keep the graham crackers with candy only aside.
- Place the tray under the broiler and watch it constantly … this toasty brown color happened in 1 minute!!!
- Remove the tray from the oven and place a candy coated graham cracker on top and press it down to attach and make the marshmallows squish a little
I ♥ your comments! The next post will be another summer idea! Hint … it involves lodging on Sugar Island
♦ I share my stuff at these fun parties ♦
Thank you to Miss CandiQuick for supplying the Vanilla CandiQuick … she’s so sweet :)