Summer continued …
The S.S. Sweet Sailboat has reached its destination and I didn’t fall overboard once!
Yeah, I know it’s kind of silly … Sugar Island! That’s what I do … make sweet and silly stuff :)
To make 12 islands, you will need …
- 12 square graham crackers
- 12 short (3″) pretzel rods (such as Snyder’s)
- 4 ounces melted white candy coating (such as CandiQuik)
- Cinnamon Sugar (1/2 cup sugar + 1 teaspoon cinnamon)
- 12 small green Laffy Taffy candies (you may be able to use 6 – see #1 below)
Let’s get started …
- Get pretzels ready … no broken ones ;)
- I cut each piece of taffy into 5 pieces and formed each piece into leaf/triangle shapes. I believe it works better if you cut smaller pieces (about 10 pieces per candy) and flatten them out … which will result in thinner leaves.
- Arrange the leaves on one end of the pretzel … you will need to press the taffy to make it stick to the pretzel.
Now for the sandy island …
- Make the sand – Mix 1/2 cup granulated sugar with 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Spread some melted white candy over a graham cracker.
- Cover the melted candy with the sugar mixture and chill for a few minutes.
- Pour excess sugar mixture back into the bowl.
- While the graham cracker is still cold – attach palm tree by dipping base into melted candy, hold in place, sprinkle more sugar on melted candy … hold still until palm tree is attached. Shake extra sugar back into bowl.