I love guacamole!
I love cupcakes!
I love to have fun with food!
We are a football family … translation – the guys watch the game, I make the snacks. I usually fill this bowl with real avocado guacamole … this year it may be filled with cupcakes. Surprise
My favorite part of this cupcake is the chocolate covered Cheerio “olives”. I made my “olives”, after hearing about the ones that Jacques Torres makes. Someday I will go to his store and buy them!
The strawberry jam “salsa” tastes pretty good … son #3 loves this part!
Last year I made Nacho Cupcakes …
I can’t believe that it took me so long to dream up guacamole cupcakes!
This is what you will need …
- 12 cupcakes
- Buttercream or Decorator Icing
- Americolor Egg Yellow gel coloring
- Americolor Leaf Green gel coloring
- 3/4 cup strawberry jam or preserves
- 2 flour tortillas
- Cooking oil spray
- Cinnamon/Sugar (1/4 cup sugar + 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon)
- 1/2 cup melted dark chocolate or candy melts
- 1/2 cup Cheerios
- Make the chips – Place 2 tortillas on a parchment lined baking sheet, spray with oil, sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar, cut into triangles, bake at 400°F for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Make olives – Mix melted chocolate and Cheerios, remove each Cheerio with tweezers and use a toothpick to poke the chocolate out of the center if necessary. Lay on parchment and chill for a few minutes.
- Make “guacamole” icing – color the icing yellow then mix in one drop of green coloring and continue adding green until you have reached a lovely guacamole color! Fill disposable pastry bag (or a ziptop bag) with icing and cut off tip creating about a 1/2″ opening.
- Frost cupcakes … add a few chips … spoon on some jam … add my favorite “olives” :)
I do have an “olive” alternative – cut black licorice … the hubby likes black licorice, I am not a fan of it, but it is easy!