Are you thinking about Valentine’s Day?
I know it’s hard to believe … February 14 will be here before we know it!
I still have to finish packing up Christmas stuff … I’d better get a move on it.
Today, I whipped up this pretty pink peppermint bark …
Wouldn’t this pretty pink peppermint bark be perfect for Valentine’s Day? The marshmallows are puffy too! Sorry for all the “p” words … I couldn’t help myself ;)
This is what you will need … pink & white chocolate (candy melts), peppermint marshmallows, peppermint oil and coarse white crystal sugar. Do you like my penguin bottle of sugar? It came filled with maple syrup … it was sooooo cute … had to keep it :)
Mix marshmallows with melted white chocolate … use regular mini marshmallows if you can’t find peppermint ones …
Spread the mixture on a tray lined with wax paper …
Add peppermint oil to melted pink chocolate and drop dollops of the pink onto the marshmallow/chocolate mixture …
Use a knife to swirl the two colors together …
Sprinkle crystal sugar on top … now it’s sparkly …
Chill for a few minutes … then break it up …
PRETTY PINK SPARKLY BARK
- 1 pound white chocolate, melted (or candy melts)
- 4 ounces pink chocolate, melted (or candy melts)
- 2-1/2 cups mini peppermint marshmallows
- 1/4 -1/2 teaspoon peppermint oil
- 2 tablespoons coarse white/clear crystal sugar
- Line a large cookie sheet with wax or parchment paper.
- Mix marshmallows with white chocolate and spread out on prepared cookie sheet.
- Add peppermint oil to pink chocolate … start with a small amount and add as needed to suit your taste.
- Drop pink chocolate by a teaspoon onto white mixture. Use a dinner knife to swirl colors. Tap cookie sheet on counter to make candy smooth out.
- Sprinkle with crystal sugar.
- Chill in fridge or freezer. Break into pieces.