The name … Inside Out Peanut Butter Cup Pie … translation – peanut butter on the outside and chocolate on the inside … like a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup turned inside out!
Yes … peanut butter crust …
chocolate ganache filling …
and creamy peanut butter on top …
I have been promising the hubby for sometime that I would make a peanut butter and chocolate pie … of course, he kept reminding me about it. A few weeks ago, I hid … under lock and key … some Nutter Butter cookies while I was making the Nutter Butter Acorns. All of the other ingredients were in the fridge and pantry … finally, time to make the pie!
The recipe is pretty simple … this is all that you will need … creamy peanut butter, Nutter Butter cookies, heavy cream, powdered sugar, cream cheese, butter, semi-sweet chocolate chips, peanut butter cups (garnish)
INSIDE OUT PEANUT BUTTER CUP PIE
- 22 Nutter Butter cookies
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/4 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 16 fluid ounces heavy cream, divided
- 6 ounces (1 cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature (I used light)
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- Use a 9-inch deep dish or 10-inch pie pan
- Chill the medium bowl and beaters (that you will use later) for making whipped cream.
- Make the crust – Place the cookies in a food processor and pulse until they are crumbs. Add the melted butter and pulse for 20 seconds, scrape the sides, pulse for 10 more seconds. If you don’t have a food processor, try using a ziptop bag and rolling-pin. Place the crumb mixture in the pie pan, use your fingers or back of spoon to press the crumbs on the bottom and sides evenly. Chill while you make the ganache.
- Make the chocolate ganache – Place the chocolate chips in a small/medium heatproof bowl, set aside. Pour 6 fluid ounces (3/4 cup) of the cream into a small saucepan, return remaining cream to the refrigerator. Bring cream to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate chips and let it stand for two minutes. Stir until smooth. Remove crust from the fridge, pour chocolate ganache into the crust and gently spread evenly. Chill until set (at least 15 minutes).
- Make whipped cream – Pour remaining cream into chilled bowl, add 1/4 cup powdered sugar and beat until peaks form, scraping sides of bowl as needed. Set 1 cup aside for peanut butter filling. Refrigerate remaining for garnish.
- Make peanut butter filling – Use an electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment. Beat peanut butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add remaining 1 cup powdered sugar and beat until smooth, add 1 cup of the prepared whipped cream and beat until combined. Pour over (firmed) ganache and spread evenly. Chill 1-2 hours before serving.
- Garnish with remaining whipped cream and peanut butter cup candy. Makes 12 servings.
I have enter this pie recipe in Tidy Mom’s Love the Pie Party. Visit Tidy Mom and you will see so many amazing pies!
For entertainment purposes – family opinions …
Son #3 says – the crust is amazing and compared it to a peanut butter cheesecake :) … he’s beginning to sound like a food critic ;)
Hubby says he liked it … that’s not a surprise, it is made with peanut butter & chocolate ;)
Son #2 says he liked it … that’s a miracle! he very rarely says that! he usually enjoys tormenting me! ;)