Nutter Butter Acorns … new and improved!

I have always been fond of acorns.

My family has always been fond of peanut butter and chocolate.

Therefore …

The new and improved Nutter Butter Acorns were born ;)

I still love last years Sweet Acorns … these are just a little different and easy to make … as usual!

Here are the few things you will need … Nutter Butter cookies, melted chocolate (or candy melts), chocolate sprinkles (jimmies), broken pretzel sticks, a serrated knife and wax paper …

1. Cut a Nutter Butter cookie in half – I used a serrated steak knife in a back and forth sawing motion
  2. Dip the cut end of the cookie in melted chocolate (about 1/4 of the cookie)
  3. Dip the melted chocolate portion of the cookie into the chocolate sprinkles and lay on wax paper
  4. Dip the tip of broken pretzel in melted chocolate and attach to top of cookie, as a stem

Easy peasy :)

I look forward to your comments …

It's a Blog Party

I'm Lovin' It at TidyMomI was featured on Fun Family Crafts

Gallery | This entry was posted in Fall and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

40 Responses to Nutter Butter Acorns … new and improved!

1. Ellen says:

Does sound easy and yummy. Great idea.

2. These look cute and delicious

3. ColleenB. says:

Adorable.
    I still enjoy making the other acorns the best tho. Will be making them again this year. Was unable to find the little mini nutter butter cookies so in place I used the peanut butter Ritz Bits.
    Thanks for yet another fun and easy recipe
    ColleenB.

4. Very creative and easy. The 2 prime attributes I look for when making a recipe. Now if I could only find nutter butters in China…

5. Such a fantastic idea! Would love for you to share these on our Kitchen Fun and Crafty link party and we will feature them!:) http://kitchenfunwithmy3sons.blogspot.com/2012/11/kitchen-fun-and-crafty-friday-link.html

6. petit4chocolatier says:

These are so cute!!

7. I am a huge fan of Nutter Butters and your acorns are a perfect use of the cookies.

8. sarah*spunda says:

Numnumnum!

9. Kristi says:

Hoping to try these at Thanksgiving to get some new traditions going and add more fun than just eating and visiting, which adults love, but is a lost art on kids! lol

10. Kelli says:

I shared these on my Some Kind of Wonderful Saturday Party! They are just too cute and simple! Without requiring so many steps like the other versions I have seen, it makes it easier to do with kids and I really like that part! Thanks for sharing and I hope you stop by to share some more. I know I will definitely be stopping back by here a lot more often now that I have found you! Your blog is beautiful!

11. Hi, I wanted to let you know I featured this on the EtsyKids Team blog along with 50 other Thanksgiving crafts, recipes and printables for kids.

12. These are so precious!! I love them! : )

13. Helen says:

Thanks for sharing! They look wonderful and we love Nutter Butters!
    Helen

14. marlene says:

Love this idea and they seem simple to make !! I will def be trying this !!!

15. kristen says:

making these for the first time this year. one batch for my constantly hungry coworkers & another for my fiance’s family for thanksgiving pre (& post)-dinner :) can’t wait!

16. Oh my! These are just to cute!

17. Pingback: 40 Sweet Treats made using Nutter Butters! | MISS CANDIQUIK

18. Lori says:

This is a great idea that I want to use for my son’s class. I’m not sure if I will be able to melt chocolate. Do you think chocolate frosting would work instead?

• Hi Lori, The only problem that I see with using frosting, is that it doesn’t harden up. The stems may not stay put. Do you prefer not to use chocolate? If you buy CandiQuik or Wilton Candy Melts, there are melting directions on the packages. I also have instructions at the top of this page. Hope this helps … Let me know how everything turns out :)

• Lori says:

Thanks, that’s what I was afraid of. The only reason I didn’t want to melt chocolate is that I wasn’t sure if I would have access to a stove or microwave.

• Lori, how about using a chocolate chip as a stem? It may stick better to frosting because the base is wider and it is not as long. I would use the frosting first, add the chocolate chip then add the sprinkles!

19. Pingback: Nutter Butter cookie creatures {The owls are adorable!} - C.R.A.F.T.