It is September … already!
Halloween merchandise is popping up in stores … Christmas too!
I know it happens every year at this time … but I’m still amazed how quickly time passes!
Summer just can’t be over … I still have strawberries in the fridge!
Which brings me to this …
Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream … made with no eggs or ice cream maker!
It was very easy and after all, I needed to use the strawberries before they spoiled I also had some heavy cream that reached its expiration date and I wanted to use it up.
I found a recipe from Kraft Foods and had to make some alterations because of what I had on hand.
I used an 8 cup measuring cup and hand mixer to mix cream cheese and powdered sugar … added the heavy cream and whipped until thick and fairly stiff. I left the beaters in the mixture and put it in the freezer for about an hour …
Add the strawberries and graham crackers …
Whip it … whip it good …
Cover it and put it back in the freezer … which seems like forever! This is a good time to test your patience … then reward yourself … maybe a few more people, too …
Now, ask yourself … which bowl should I eat?
Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
(adapted from Kraft Foods)
- 4 ounces light cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh strawberries (plus extra for garnish)
- 3 graham crackers (plus extra for garnish)
- In a medium mixing bowl, use a mixer to beat cream cheese and powdered sugar. Add heavy cream and beat until thickened and fairly stiff. Place in freezer for 1-2 hours.
- Add chopped strawberries and broken graham crackers. Use a mixer to combine well and beat for 1-2 minutes. Cover tightly and place back in the freezer for 8 hours or until firm.
- Remove dessert from freezer 15 minutes before serving. Garnish with extra sliced strawberries and graham crackers. Makes about 8 servings.
I love ice cream … but, am ready for autumn and some cooler temperatures … how about you?