Hello … is anybody out there? Do you remember me? I know that I haven’t been posting very often lately … I’m so sorry … but I’ve got a new job and it keeps me very busy!
I now run a helicopter crash recovery unit … can you believe it? This job is in addition to all of my other duties of nurse, maid, cook, waitress, etc., … I guess that I should explain …
A few weeks ago I told you that my hubby had ankle surgery and our “friends” thought that a little remote-controlled helicopter would entertain the hubby while confined to the couch and crutches. The good news is … the hubby’s pilot skills are improving and I don’t have to go on as many recovery missions … thank goodness! Now, I should have more time to bake! However, I wish our “friends” still had small children … I’d send over a drum set :) You know I’m just kidding …
Today I made savory cupcakes … chicken enchilada cupcakes … so we had cupcakes for dinner! I plan to make them again … maybe as an appetizer!
This is what you will need … chicken, jack cheese, green enchilada sauce, corn or flour tortillas, sour cream, olives and cooking spray or cupcake liners …
Mix the chicken, cheese and sauce together …
Spray or use paper liners (recommended) in cupcake pans. Cut tortillas into 4 wedges and use 2-4 to line cups …
Add chicken filling and bake …
Let them cool for a few minutes and add a dollop of
frosting sour cream …
And every cupcake needs
a cherry an olive …
They remind me of flowers … little Chicken Enchilada Cupcake flowers! Perfect for Cinco de Mayo!
And for dessert … remember the Nacho Cupcakes?
Chicken Enchilada Cupcakes
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken (1 – 1 1/2 large breasts)
- 2 cups grated jack cheese (8 oz. block)
- 10 oz. can green chili enchilada sauce
- 18 – 6″ corn tortillas or 12 – 8″ flour tortillas
- 1 cup sour cream (I use light)
- 18 olives
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line cupcake pan (18 cavities) with paper liners.
- Mix chicken, cheese and enchilada sauce together in a large bowl.
- Cut tortillas into 4 triangles and line cupcake papers to form a shell/bowl.
- Divide chicken mixture equally between cupcakes.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool 10 minutes. Garnish with sour cream and olives.
Makes 18 cupcakes. Great as a main dish or appetizer!